Skip to main content
Topic: Rear beam bushes  (Read 1213 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Rear beam bushes

Reply #15
This is a job I have just finished doing, haven't written up yet but seems like it might be worth having a "How to thread"

First Get a drill and drill out as much rubber as possible from the bush, eventually the metal inner will become loose and should tear out.

When you have got it out (Easier said than done, a few snapped drill bits should be expected) Take apart your hacksaw and reasseble with the blade inside the bush.

Then cut through the metal sidewall of the bush.

Use a screwdriver and hammer to bend the lips in on the top.

When they are bent in enough then use the screwdriver like a chisel down the side where the slit is and when you pull the screwdriver out the rest of the bush should fall out.

I re-installed Poly-bushes so my install was very simple, copper grease/anti seize and push in by hand.

I would go for Poly-bushes where possible just for ease and they are also very long lasting, I found a set in black so they look more standard than the Bugpack Red or Powerflex Purple.
Montana Green 1.8 Carby 3 door                                                                                                                         1.8t swap in progress