Skip to main content
Topic: MK2 edub for the price of a Tesla (Read 547 times) previous topic - next topic

MK2 edub for the price of a Tesla

This just popped-up on my Google !

MK2 edub
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Re: MK2 edub for the price of a Tesla

Reply #2
Just no no no

Reply #3
Pay thousands to lose soul AND charisma, what a deal!

Neighbour has a 4 year old BMW i car which he candidly admitted gave him average 90 miles range. Still, that does secure him 25 trips to local Tesco on one ‘fill’.

Reply #4
Think I'd rather just buy a tesla and keep the mk2 petrol for that money.
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #5
The price of electric cars and conversions inparticular is still too high to interest me. I can't believe it costs so much to convert a standard car like that Golf.

I'll stick with my dirty Golf. However I could be tempted to swap the Octy for something ap bit older and collectable....with aircon!
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #6
I’m not ready for an electric car yet, but I’m very interested in electric bikes.

But they just don’t have the range yet to make them viable. A well specced Zero SR/S is the best option at the moment but at over £20k it’s never going to happen

Reply #7
Im going to visit these guys as they are not that far form me, i don't think they will have many takers till its closer to £10k but as someone has already stated i will keep my ICE at this stage, maybe in the future if i had a car with no engine. I think looking to convert newer cars that have very week engines like some Discovery's or Insignia would be a better business model.

Reply #8
Over and above the electric aspect, it'd be interesting to know what other changes they make.

Outright power might not be that greatly increased (or is it intentionally limited?) but it's how it's delivered, surely the effect of much greater acceleration / instant delivery would need to be taken into consideration on a close to 35 year old design... I'm thinking braking, tyre spec. even body rigidity etc.