Skip to main content
Topic: Evening! (Read 692 times) previous topic - next topic

Evening!

Evening all, after about a 15 year break i'm looking to buy another Mk2 GTI. In the ninties and early 2000s I owned little else and can genuinely say i've owned over 40 Golf GTIs from series 1 Mk1s to a Mk7 clubsport. Mk2s where always my favourite and also the first GTI i bought many years ago at 19 years old. Maybe it because I too am a '76 so definitely a connection there.
I'm looking at three this weekend and hope to bring one home soon.
I was hoping to find a 88/89 car preferably a 3 door but the market seems flooded with 5 door variants.

Re: Evening!

Reply #1
Good luck hunting... :)

Reply #2
welcome and as Dene says good luck
scs

Reply #3
Salve et clavam salve!

Reply #5
Roll on Saturday. I managed to find a nice example. Royal blue ‘90 5dr 8v. Solid car with a lot of original parts.
The plan will be to get it ready for the shows next year.

Reply #6
Welcome back!
Sounds like you've got your eye on a nice one, look forward to seeing the photos if it all works out.
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #7
How did you get on?

Reply #8
No wonder I had a couple of people say good luck!! There really are some mis-described cars out for sale, some of which looked good in the photos.
I bought the Royal blue '90 car and am very happy, loads of history, low owners (five) and low(ish) mileage 108k. Really solid example after looking at some rotters.
I've got some work to do to bring it up to a decent daily driver/show and shine entrant but I'm hoping by the time the show season gets here we'll be ready.
I've started an instagram page for it if you wish to follow the progress. Follow @_Mr_GTI_

Reply #9
Brilliant you found one, any pictures?
National Meet - 19-21 July 2024 @ Curborough Sprint Circuit