Skip to main content
Topic: Identify connector in boot (Read 631 times) previous topic - next topic

Identify connector in boot

Hi there,

I have found a 3 pin connector on the left side of the boot below the rear lights. It has a white/red wire going to it, a brown wire which goes to earth on the left side of the boot and a yellow/red wire. Would anybody happen to know what it is and what it’s for. I have looked on the wiring schematics and can’t find anything, I have attached a link to the picture of it.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiWuTUMWztUfhr14RQK540Q-TQdn7g

Re: Identify connector in boot

Reply #2
I can’t be certain without checking but the location suggests it’s likely to be the central locking pump.
 Do you have central locking, I suspect not, but originally the car had it and it failed so someone just removed the pump.

I also think it's for the central locking pump.

Reply #3
Yeah, I'd agree with the CL pump too
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #4
Thanks for all the replies, I do have central locking however I think it is an aftermarket system.

Reply #5
Stick up a photo of it, we'll be able to tell you for sure.
But it's entirely possible, back in the day, the pneumatic system would have an issue and people used to just put electrical ones in its place, from there it was easy to put remote central on.
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #6
I’m not at the car at the moment but I ever seeing pipes around the connector area, it has remote CL with a new controller/antenna box under the dash by the steering column so it must be all electric now.

Reply #7
Sounds like they have just unplugged the pump to stop it going off when the doors unlock/lock.