Skip to main content
Topic: instrument cluster (Read 1047 times) previous topic - next topic

instrument cluster

The mfa display in my gti is blank I have another set of clocks/instrument cluster that I can see if its just a replacement display or something more. My question is this is a ce2 one plug panel can I remove the plug from the fitted panel and connect it to the replacement without taking the fitted panel out.? In other words is it just a plug in job with enough cable to drop low enough to make the connection.
scs

Re: instrument cluster

Reply #1
The mfa display in my gti is blank I have another set of clocks/instrument cluster that I can see if its just a replacement display or something more. My question is this is a ce2 one plug panel can I remove the plug from the fitted panel and connect it to the replacement without taking the fitted panel out.? In other words is it just a plug in job with enough cable to drop low enough to make the connection.
scs

I'm not 100% sure I understand the question but the LCD screen itself should be interchangeable between CE1 and CE2 clusters but you would need to strip down the cluster to get at the screen.

But if the screen is blank, as in no digital display shows then I'd think the issue is something within the cluster, maybe as simple as a break in a wire.

If the screen has bled, which is common and you can't see anything because the whole screen has gone black then replacing the screen should hopefully fix it.

Reply #2
Oh, hang on, you mean you have 2 sets of CE2 clocks, and want to reach in from underneath, pull the plug of and test the spare set of clocks in your hand rather than go to the trouble of fitting the cluster in the dash! Yeah, that should work if you can get enough length of cable.

Reply #3
Yes thats what I meant I have 2 sets of clocks and wondered if it was possible just reach inside disconnect the plug and slave in the spare. Sounds like you think its possible thanks.
scs

Reply #4
I did this with mine to test some corrado clocks. Only issue is that my golf started as a bare shell so may have not routed the loom same as factory.

Reply #5
doubt you will have enough length on the cable
if it lights up it has to come apart may as well
take it apart at least it will fill in an hour lol
Old timer
mk2 golf atlas grey 2.0 abf
mk1 golf cabriolet gti sapphire blue KR conversion in progress

Reply #6
The vac line for the MFA is impossible to refit, well for me it was with club hands, if you had child hands it may be doable

Reply #7
Funny you should say that I found  the mfa vacuum pipe not connected.
scs

Reply #8
The vac line for the MFA is impossible to refit, we for me it was with club hands, if you had child hands it may be doable
It's not the easiest to fit thats for sure. Speedo cable is the tricky one for my bear paws