Skip to main content
Topic: Update on National Club meet 2020 13/5/20 (Read 667 times) previous topic - next topic

Update on National Club meet 2020 13/5/20

The National Club meet has survived torrential rain and wind, and shoot-outs! but unfortunately for 2020, it’s not meant to be.

It is with deep regret that after listening to government advise and Health & Safety advise, that we will be postponing this year’s Club meet, regardless to Curborough’s decision if they reopen the track or not, to keep our members safe.

All tickets purchased for the meet can be either transferred to next years date (waiting to be confirmed) or refunded. 

If you wish for a refund on your tickets we are happy to do so, please email golfmk2owners@aol.co.uk – title of email to read - Refund and it will be helpful to have on there your order number and the paypal address you paid with, please bear with me, as I will aim to do this within a few days of receiving the email.

If you wish to hold on to your track time / camping and/or admission, then you don’t have to do anything, this will automatically be transferred to the following year.

We hope that you are keeping well and thank you for your continuing support year in and year out.  We will greatly miss our Club members this year, but will return in 2021.

Much love
Admin team
National Meet - 19-21 July 2024 @ Curborough Sprint Circuit

Re: Update on National Club meet 2020 13/5/20

Reply #1
Found out this morning that the decision would have been taken out our hands anyway, Curborough have just cancelled the 2020 championship session
https://www.curborough.co.uk/curborough-championship/

Reply #2
Can't believe I go for 3 years without a Mk2, and finally get one and can't wait to show off at the National only to have it cancelled.

But seriously, I understand the decision and just hope we (the country as a whole) can get our shizzle together for a bit more normality next year although I expect things will never quite be the same again, some form of change will alway be there, even if it's just our own choice not to get that close to each other - which suits me fine ;-)

Once restrictions are lifted a bit more I'm sure we'll manage to re-boot the Bristol meets, it's not like we all go around hugging and kissing each other so I'm sure social distancing will be achievable.

Reply #3
Yes, to the Bristol meets as soon as we can.

But no, things will take time to recover, seeing so many shows cancel at the moment. 

One I’ve heard of still going ahead mid July :0

Reply #4
Will look forward to next year 👍😎