Skip to main content
Topic: Data sticker (Read 921 times) previous topic - next topic

Data sticker

Hey there, new to the forum.

Just bought a Mk2 8V that I intend to do a bare metal restoration on, I am after some information before I start pulling it apart.

The data sticker has been removed at some point and I need to get all the information from it, where can I find this please? VW said they can't get it as the car is too old for the system, the car has been painted a different colour, it was originally green, but not sure if jade green or calypso green, car is a 90 chassis number but built late 89 and registered Jan 90.

Can anyone tell me where i can get all the data sticker info and even a new sticker as well so I can eventually refit it when it is done?

Many thanks, Chris.

Re: Data sticker

Reply #1
The data sticker should be copied into the service book. New stickers are available look up L190 on here as I think he has the information. Welcome to the site and good luck with the restoration.
scs

Reply #2
Thank you, yeah no service book either,I cant find L190?

Have they left?

Reply #3
L90E  :D
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #4
I think L90E has left us.  There is no profile and he shows as a guest.
Shame, I enjoyed following his posts.

Reply #6
Look for Volkswagen Build Stickers on Facebook. Apparently £10.
However it looks like you'll need to provide a copy the one from the handbook.....

I recall that you could get a build certificate but i'm not sure what level of detail it has. There are a few Google search posts on this but the links don't seem to work.

I guess you could "cobble" one together assuming the car hasn't been modified too much.

Do any of these match the original colour?

Paint codes

Reply #7
You can apply to VW History dept to get a birth certificate. I think it's about £30-35 and this will give you everything that would have been on the build sticker, so using the links above you can order a duplicate.

I think L90E has left us.  There is no profile and he shows as a guest.
Shame, I enjoyed following his posts.

He said he was getting a large amount inappropriate spam sent to his inbox since registering on the forum. Said something about having numerous domains so is able to set up a unique email for each account he uses online, so since that one email was only attributed to this forum he believed the spam was a result of either the site being scraped for data or the server not being secure so has deleted his profile and left the forum.

Reply #9
Wow....how much.
Obviously bound with good quality leather with gold leaf writing...
But I guess you could spend a good few hours putting one together based upon a copy of a similar aged members sticker to provide a basis.
What model is the Golf? 8/16v big or small bumpers?