Skip to main content
Topic: emissions (ULEZ) compliancy (Read 1053 times) previous topic - next topic

emissions (ULEZ) compliancy

i was wondering if anybody has done any conversions to meet euro 4+ emissions standards and how best to do it ...

i like the idea of electric for zero emissions, would this be easier than swapping engine & cat for petrol...is there more to it?

i have a mk2 cabrio 97 and would really like to be able to actually enjoy this car in the future !

any pointers would be wicked! can post progress if anyone interested

apologies if this is in the wrong thread, i can move to technical if thats better

Re: emissions (ULEZ) compliancy

Reply #1
Sounds like you have a mk3, but regardless…. I believe you can independently get your vehicle tested and if you manage to pass the criteria you can get exemption certificate for your vehicle. To the best of my knowledge quite a few vehicles that ‘shouldn’t’ be allowed have gone down this route and once done sets a precedence allowing other owners to claim the same exemption.

Please do you own fact check on this, but it’s what I’ve heard.

Reply #2
thanks eddy, i totally meant mk3...  :o

i contacted VW to get a certificate of compliance and all they confirmed was 'it meets eu2 compliancy'... which is quite vague the more i think about it... perhaps it meets the others too...

i'll see if i can find an independent tester and share results for anyone else needing them

Reply #3
I find it interesting that a MK1 Audi TT 225 BAM engine is ULEZ compliant!

Reply #4

I won't complain if you don't  :D
Oh how smug you could be owning one of the cars that is exempt.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-10136173/amp/Cars-beat-ULEZ-Eight-older-cars-petrolheads-dodge-charge.html
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #5

Cool list, I actually was going to biy a MK1 TT this week but it sold before I got there.

I won't complain if you don't  :D
Oh how smug you could be owning one of the cars that is exempt.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-10136173/amp/Cars-beat-ULEZ-Eight-older-cars-petrolheads-dodge-charge.html