Skip to main content
Topic: 2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible 1.9 TiD Vector 2dS (Read 506 times) previous topic - next topic

2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible 1.9 TiD Vector 2dS

FOR SALE – 2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible 1.9 TiD Vector
£5,450.00 ono

Pictures and full advert:
https://eddypeck.wordpress.com/2008-saab-9-3-convertible-1-9-tid-vector-2ds/

My Borther-in-law, Chris, has just been diagnosed with multiple brain tumours, and doctors have given him just a couple of months to live. His pride and joy is a 2008 SAAB 9-3 Convertible, which he's no longer allowed to drive for obvious reasons. So I've been asked if I can help sell it and hopefully raise some funds to pre-pay the funeral so it's not left to his widow (my wife's sister) to deal with. My wife and her sister are still grieving from the death of their father just before Christmas so I'm sure you can imagine everything is a bit crap right now.

Now the problem is, I know very little about the car, SAABs aren't my area of expertise and Chris is in a situation where his brain is a bit all over the place, so
1. I can't really ask him about it as he might tell me a load of nonsense, he's currently struggling with timelines and is just as likely to give me information about a Vauxhall Cavalier he had 20 years ago. He keeps calling his wife by his ex-wife's name - you can guess how well that goes down. and
2. he gets tired easily so I'm trying to take as much as I can off of him and the family.

So I've been on the UK Saab owners club forum trying to piece together the spec and details for a sale ad and try to get a reasonable valuation.

Located in North Bristol, I'll add more info when I can, but give me a nudge if this looks like your kind of thing.

Re: 2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible 1.9 TiD Vector 2dS

Reply #2
I've dropped this down to £4950, but realistically anything over £4k is going to be a great help towards the funeral. I'd appreciate anyone that might know someone that might be in the market for something like this, so please keep an ear out.