Skip to main content
Topic: Nation meet prep (Read 659 times) previous topic - next topic

Nation meet prep

Going back a few months, so many great plans, so much I wanted to do, a few changes to the car etc....

What have I done?

Zilch! not even sure I'll get chance to vacuum it out. Never mind, looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. Just take me how you find me. I'm rubbish with names, faces etc, but please make yourself known and say hi.

Pretty sure I'll be having a late night tonight doing some last minute stuff.... of shoot, just remembered I need to go to Go Outdoors and buy some camping gas :o

Actually Zilch isn't quite true, I did manage to build a new improved wood burning stove/firepit last weekend. Like I've had 3 years to do this after leaving the old one behind at the last National. So in typical style leave till last minute.

Re: Nation meet prep

Reply #1
Actually Zilch isn't quite true, I did manage to build a new improved wood burning stove/firepit last weekend. Like I've had 3 years to do this after leaving the old one behind at the last National. So in typical style leave till last minute.

Is that a r-a-r-e G60 15" model? 😅
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #3
... shoot, just remembered I need to go to Go Outdoors and buy some camping gas :o

I just sent my daughter there as she was in the area, they don't have any!!!! there's a shortage and they've been waiting weeks for stock. I might have to plan some cold meals for the weekend!  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

Reply #4
If needs be, I have borrowed a friends camping gas as couldn’t even find my bottle; sure it’s used as still has a bronze cap on.  Well I’m hoping so we could have a shared cooker.
National Meet - 19-21 July 2024 @ Curborough Sprint Circuit

Reply #5
Is that a r-a-r-e G60 15" model? 😅

It would be funny if it was (would that win me scene points?) but no, it's just some shoddy 5-stud Sharan wheels Chris gave me years ago.

Glad they went to use :)
National Meet - 19-21 July 2024 @ Curborough Sprint Circuit

Reply #6
Looking forward to meeting you all. Don't forget to bring my pig roast tickets Shelly 😋

Reply #7
There is a Go Outdoors at Lichfield which isn't far from Curborough. Went to Go Outdoors in Sheffield last night and they had a good amount of Camping Gaz stock.
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #9
Quick thanks to all organiser's and attendees, great event...
Jon O