Skip to main content
Topic: Feedback (Read 458 times) previous topic - next topic

Feedback

Ok, a week on from the National Meet.

In the background some things went wrong which I’m hoping wasn’t notice by others.  I have seen a lot of positive comments, which makes my day.

But, if you think anything could be done better, I’m asking you to let me know; so it can be improved.

I for one was disappointed with the S&S, as it was taking out my hands about timing of trophies - so going for I will do T&C’s for traders.  Plus I should have put my foot down and stuck to my guns!

Location of the track - it’s as central as it can be.  Other tracks up north most don’t have on site camping and asking £2.5000 for a day.  That just pushes up what I need to charge.  At the end of the day, the meet is done to get people together without breaking the bank; as I don’t believe in charging £75 for camping and £20 admission like I have seen recently.
National Meet - 19-21 July 2024 @ Curborough Sprint Circuit

Re: Feedback

Reply #1
You’ll be pleased to hear any of the things you think went wrong didn’t filter down to those in attendance… or not that I’m aware of at least.

I didn’t hear any criticism, so thank you and well done for putting on another cracking weekend.

I know it might cut the Sunday short for some, but many have a very long way to travel or families to get back to so the earlier announcement for sns was good in my opinion. I was just thinking about leaving when I heard the awards were going to be announced ten mins. So I stuck around longer.

I have a few other thoughts and comments, nothing negative, but some observations and ideas which I’ll put down when I have a bit more time.

But it’s a big thumbs up from me.

Reply #2
@Eddypeck appreciated:)

A timetable for Sunday would work, if I stuck to it!

Reply #3
So, a few more things, just my 2pence worth.

The price point is excellent. It's an affordable weekend which is very welcoming.
I know the events are quite different so it's hard to compare, but I haven't done a weekend at Volksfest for years now as I feel like I've been priced out of it. If you're able to keep the ticket prices reasonable this is a real bonus.

I don't think you'll ever win on location as it will always be too far for some people the best you can offer is a central location that makes it accessible for many. And when you get people coming from Cornwall, Scotland, IoM and even Europe (Christian) I think it goes to show if people really want to go they will travel anywhere.

I don't think there's any reason to look at alternative venues, for as long as Curborough are willing to host us.

The facilities are basic, but it's good to see they've invested in a new toilet block. It would have been nice if they'd cut the grass as it wouldn't have been so wet - note to self, not to wear canvas trainers I'm surprised I didn't get trench foot having wet feet all weekend.

I have no idea what they offer for the rest of the year and what events they put on, I guess it's mostly day events and not normally camping. I heard a couple of people (those in camper vans) say it would be nice if there was electric hook up. And there was also some confusion about where to get water. I drove up to the old toilet block to fill a jerry can, I've been there nearly every year since it's been at this venue and I only discovered late on the Sunday there's a tap opposite the cafe, hidden behind the shadow sport stand. I never knew that was there. I assume camping is not a norm so I doubt hook up and water won't ever change - no big deal, but if you get the opportunity to feedback to Curborough you could say it was asked about.

Now, I know there's a good reason the camping is in the paddock area, but I can't help but think the camping community feel was better the first year when camping was in the top field. Camping all together in a field seemed to break up the individual units that we get in a line along the bottom field. People stay in their groups and don't tend to mingle so well. I also don't think it helps when there isn't a communal area. In previous years we've had a marquee or even just the event shelter.

Is it worth asking for feedback on this and see if people wanted to camp at the top field again?

That said, it was good to have the shower block closer to the camping. Would it help to have some set times the showers were on so everyone knew what the deal was with them, and when they could use them?

Is there anything that could be arranged as an ice-breaker for the Friday, and or Saturday night? Even just an open invite to come to a gathering at one end, or a walk the track guided tour with some pointer, and a Q and A if Matt were willing?

On to marketing and awareness. I'm wondering if there's anything more that can be done to promote this, happy to help if I can.

I know you can't reach everyone but I saw Facebook comments when the first pictures started getting shared on the Saturday morning along the lines of "where is this", "how did I not know this was happening" etc. it seems crazy that after so many years, people still are unaware of this event.

Compare that with the Caffeine and Machine night that was organised within a couple of weeks and had a better turnout.

I wonder if the Caffeine and Machine event was shared across other groups, was the National Meet only publicised within the Mk2OC pages?

I think it also helped that tickets for that were handled via Event-bright, do you think that's something worth looking at. Getting the event on a proper event platform?

I thought there might had been more cars arrive on Sunday for the show and shine, and I was expecting to see many of the cars that were at Caffeine and Machine. It may well have been unlucky with an iffy forecast, although the rain stayed away mostly, it was threatening showers all day.

First year back after the COVID break, it was a good effort, and I'm sure all the pictures being shared on social now will help publicise it for next year.

Again, massive thanks, great show... my comments are not in any way meant as a criticism  :D

Reply #5
I forgot to say, I was expecting Mk2spares to be there, what happened was Matt expected to be there?
He was and had track time but family emergency. 

Reply #6
@Eddypeck yes, I was thinking of mentioning about using top field again, with the marquee in the middle.  I was thinking of talent/non talent night - or something along that line to get people around. 

It also keeps people out the paddock area.

Yes, the marquee should have been put up! It came but didn’t manage it out the bags!

I was surprised about some comments where is this being held; I had advertise on quite a few fb groups including show ones.  Put on Instagram.  Not sure what else I can do there so any help would be appreciated.

Yes, I’m looking at a different way of doing tickets; I’ll look into eventbrite.  As it takes so long for me to go through orders and with the increase in stamps etc, needs to be a better way.

Really appreciate the feedback, but as you say first one back after covid.  My aim is to better for next year.  As soon as I get a date all systems go :)