Skip to main content
Topic: Brake disc and pads recommendations (Read 348 times) previous topic - next topic

Brake disc and pads recommendations

I've finally got round to picking up some 16v hubs and callipers. I'll probably to take some time to restore them which gives me a chance to source discs and pads, but just wondering about current opinions of good (value for money) brands suitable for a road car.

Ferodo, EBC and Brembo are the names that spring to mind for brakes - but like most things I've heard people complain they're not as good as they used to be.

And the usual suspects for OE aftermarket parts Febi, Meyle, Topran all seem to offer products I have to presume these are manufactured on a sub-contract basis.

Under normal driving conditions, I could fit any happy shopper brand and get OK performance and a decent life from them. I don't want to go mad, but I'd be willing to spend a little extra if I were convinced my money was buying better quality.

But this is my daily and I put the car in real-life situations, so what is stuck at the back of my mind is all these modern with the latest tech and driving aids. I'm sure they're able to pull up to a stop pretty efficiently and I wouldn't want to get caught out by someone in front stomping on hard.

Re: Brake disc and pads recommendations

Reply #1
I like ATE and I've never had problems with Pagid.  Brembo is my choice for performance cars.  My Golf has VW pads that I think were manufactured by Jurid, got no complaints about them.