Skip to main content
Topic: Some random Mk2 parts for sale. (Read 713 times) previous topic - next topic

Some random Mk2 parts for sale.

Fischer c-box cassette storage SOLD
Excellent condition .
Early style with grey buttons.
Works perfectly and side clips are in place.
Been in storage for almost 10 years.

£40

---

140mph VDO Speedo for CE1
After taking the photos I found a spare needle so I will include it!!!!
Hate to use the R-word but the 140mph clocks are certainly much less common than the 120mph ones.
Showing 143k miles. Can be retro fitted into any set of CE1 clocks.
Rubjonny said it would work in CE2, but I wasn't convinced
Ideal if you've done an engine conversion but still running 120 clocks.

£45

---

VDO 6k rev counter for CE1 - not perfect
Broken needle and slight kink to back plate by screw (see pic)
The kink is less noticeable face on, but I took the pic to try and show it. I haven't tried to straighten it.
Can be retrofitted into instrument clusters that don't have a rev counter.

£15

---

Early spec CE1 Headlight switch with 8 pins. SOLD
Genuine original VW part, not aftermarket copy.
As this is genuine Volkswagen it's likely to be one that was fitted at factory and therefore could be over 30 years old.
Considering this it is in fair condition for the age, and is in good working order.

This is what you are buying and the item you will be sent.
Note the VW AUDI VAG logo and original part number: 191 941 531 A

£12

---

OMP 'style' deep dish steering wheel SOLD
Lets call this OMP 'style' as there are no markings other than the OMP logo on the front so I suspect this is not genuine.
Although still seems to be very solid and of decent quality, there is no flex in it. Suede finish with blue stitching.
Boss NOT included, but the horn button, surrounding ring and screws will be.

£30

---

8v K-jet injection lines, Goodridge prototypes
These were supplied by Goodridge when they were developing their injection lines, I was their test fitter.
I have 5 lines, I presume the 4 injectors and the cold start (5th injector)
I can't be sure how well they fitted, I think some of the lines were a tad too long giving additional loops of hose, and the ends are straight, they're not formed into bends like the originals.

£60

---

8v K-jet metering head rubber boot.

£25

Some other stuff I have but no pictures to hand right now.

8v K-jet fuel lines to WUR
VW original, both lines that go from the fuel distribution head to WUR.
£20

---

Rear de-mister switch, tell-tell bulb not working.
£5

---

Black grab handles, fixed type, not the spring back flat ones. Full set of 3.
£5

I'll accept offers for bulk and collected items.

Re: Some random Mk2 parts for sale.

Reply #3
More parts....

For these and any of the remaining things listed above I'm taking offers.
I can take to Caffeine and Machine on Thursday 22nd June or the National Meet 21st - 23rd July.

8v hubs/steering knuckles and calipers complete, would benefit from refurb, requires new discs.
Late spec so take the larger bottom ball joint.

5 x 100 rear disc and bearings. Surface rust, but very few miles on these.

Pair of 4 x 100 Brembo slotted 16v discs 256mm PLEASE READ BELOW.

Less then 100 miles after fitting I had wheel bolts come loose, this caused a slight warp to one disc.
I bought a new pair and replaced only the damaged one.
So this for a box containing 1 brand new, never fitted disc. and 1 slightly warped one.
It gave a slight wobble at around 60 mph, this could be machined out but I don't know anyone that can do it.

Also.
Parcel shelf - all good, no speaker holes but has had a wooden batten screwed to the back to strengthen.

Parcel shelf supports - all tabs good, but one speaker lug snapped.

90s style Quad lamp eyebrow spoiler, unused, unpainted, storage marks.

Candy stripe driver seat covers and foam. Usual bolster wear but the main fabric is in great condition. No fag burns!

Blue rear bench fabric and foam

Re: Some random Mk2 parts for sale.

Reply #4

£35

It's new and never fitted, but has some scratches from storage. It's also slightly warped I know if you use the screws to mount it that won't be an issue. But if you want to just use trim tape to mount it you might need to apply some heat and work it back into shape.

With regards to the scratches, this is in original unpainted condition. They're usually painted body colour so this shouldn't be an issue if rubbed down and prepped properly before paint is applied.

If you're not sure what one of these is, look here. http://www.swgmotorsport.com/asps/ShowDetails.asp?id=12
I'm not sure if this is an SWG one, but as an example you're looking at £51.65 +£10.99 postage from them.