Skip to main content
Topic: Refurbishing BBS wheels.. any tips on making sanding easier... (Read 424 times) previous topic - next topic

Refurbishing BBS wheels.. any tips on making sanding easier...

Hi,
I'm about to DIY restore some BBS wheels. Two are pretty good and just need a light sand but the other two are more blistered. Any good tips on tools or sanding pads that will make a life a bit easier with the lattace style. Wishful thinking probably...

Also interested to hear on good primers and paints to use if anyone has had good experiences.

Cheers
Matt

Re: Refurbishing BBS wheels.. any tips on making sanding easier...

Reply #2
yep not looking foward to it at all. I've got those scotch style pads in various colours/grits, normal wet and dry and a selection of dremmel bits. I think dremmel might be too aggressive.

Reply #3
I had a set of RZs shot blasted and powder coated for 150 quid and they look great, went round the edges with a file to take some of the deep kurb grazes out first then handed them over. I imagine about halfway into the first wheel I'd lose the will to live doing by hand due to the intricate nature. Plus DIY painted anything always looks DIY painted in my opinion.

Reply #4
yep I can't be bothered. Cheapest I can find around my way is £49 per wheel for blast and coat (Cambridge area)