Skip to main content
Topic: Just bought a clean Mk2 with 37.000k (Read 410 times) previous topic - next topic

Just bought a clean Mk2 with 37.000k

Yo yo guys so I just bought my first Mk2 here in Malta with only 37.000 Klms yes Klms!! its a silver 89 right hand drive 1.3 5 door. It has a clean black leather interior. no rust underneath, engine sounds great.

it needs some work but honestly I got a bargain here.
my main issues I need to fix are 4 rust spots at the ends of the roof gutter seals.
I need to do the timing belt, water pump. seals. fix the heater, service, breaks, and figure out why it spits oil out at the back of the engine?? it seams its the breather hose or something has been botched up and not returning to engine... and before it has leaked oil all over the sub frame etc.

Im so excited to get started on it and since Ill need advice and parts I thought id join this group!

I do need above related parts so if anyone has advice it would be great. I checked on VW heritage and they only have a poor standard Timing Belt. I want good quality obviously.

Also I would like to eventually change the Black leather Interior so if anyone can help would be amazing.. also the dash!! its badly cracked too so I need one.. lots to do but I have time and love these cars since there are so few on the roads these days! maybe one day I will bring it to Ireland.

Thanks guys!
Chris

Re: Just bought a clean Mk2 with 37.000k

Reply #1
Welcome to the forum Chris. Sounds like you have a rarity there. I find if I Google the part number of what I need usually lots of options come up.

Re: Just bought a clean Mk2 with 37.000k

Reply #2
Welcome along. Sounds like a great car you've got there!
Get some photos up, be great to see what you have and how you get on.
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v