Skip to main content
Topic: Handbrake mechanism (Read 476 times) previous topic - next topic

Handbrake mechanism

Hi
I have a problem with my rear calipers, the handbrake has never worked very well and now doesnt work at all. The calipers are refurbished but i think fairly cheap ones. On inspection i found that the handbrake mechanism is useless it only moves the piston very slightly and only once. I want to remove the mechanism to inspect it but there are no nuts its just straight into the caliper via a seal and i dont want to damage it. Anyone have any advice on this ?

Re: Handbrake mechanism

Reply #1
Hi
I have a problem with my rear calipers, the handbrake has never worked very well and now doesnt work at all. The calipers are refurbished but i think fairly cheap ones. On inspection i found that the handbrake mechanism is useless it only moves the piston very slightly and only once. I want to remove the mechanism to inspect it but there are no nuts its just straight into the caliper via a seal and i dont want to damage it. Anyone have any advice on this ?

It's all held together with circlips. I'm sure someone did a build on here, which showed most of what you'd need to know.

Reply #2
my handbrake is week, too. i'd like to check and see,
if i need to exchange or just adjust something,
but i've never done it before.

@Eddypeck could you find this rebuild, somehow ?

Reply #4
Thanks both
Im going to attempt to take it apart if i can and see what's wrong
If i cant improve it i would like to buy some better quality ones, anyone recommend what to buy. These ones are Ridex