Skip to main content
Topic: A342LFX - just picked up this early GL Auto (Read 442 times) previous topic - next topic

A342LFX - just picked up this early GL Auto

Seems to be very early ( 09 March 1984) and has a forum sticker on it. Anybody here used to own it / know any history? Seems to have been in Bristol / SW at some point in it's earlier life.

Photos here

It's got lots of wrong parts and small jobs to sort but seems reasonably solid. Planning on running it as a rolling resto this year and nudging it back towards OEM.

Cheers

Re: A342LFX - just picked this early GL Auto

Reply #1
Hi, yes I know the car and the previous owner Paul. He lives in Bristol and had the car for many years.

In the past I've also supplied Paul with many parts to restore and keep this car going.

I think it was his daily car so it was about keeping it running and reliable. It was also stolen at some point, but luckily recovered without too much damage done, but I think that's why it has the later interior as the original was trashed unfortunately.

Reply #2
Thanks for the response and interesting to hear! Finding an OEM interior is going to be near impossible - I originally thought it would have been brown but thinking actually black / grey (from looking at 1984 sales brochure)

Is Paul still on here at all?

Thanks again

Reply #4
Update - just had a long chat with Paul on the phone and can confirm he is indeed a lovely chap. Got plenty of info and apparently there used to be a big folder of paperwork with the car, so sadly lost in the past year or so  :o

Thanks again @Eddypeck for the heads up