Skip to main content
Topic: Indicators/heaters not working  (Read 379 times) previous topic - next topic

Indicators/heaters not working

Hi, I’m new on here and have a quick question. I have come out to my car today and noticed the indicators are not working, but when the lights are on the green little inductor bulb is on but very dull, also the heaters are not working which is weird as they was before. Do any of you guys have any ideas or tips?

Re: Indicators/heaters not working

Reply #1
Is the car pre 89 ce1 car. If you’re unsure is your hazard switch a rocker switch on the dash panel, or a push button on top of the steering column?

Dash = ce1
Column = ce2

Do your hazards work, or have you done any work recently that has required you to unplug the hazard switch. Such as for a radio for instance?

I had the same issue on a ce1 car when the hazard switch was unplugged.

And when you say heater not working, do you mean no heat coming out, as in blowing cold air or do you mean the blower motor is not working. So heater still gets hot but not blowing?

Reply #2
Thanks for the reply mate, this has scrambled my head over the weekend.
The hazard button is a switch on the dash panel.
They was working perfectly fine, until i removed the switch recently when sorting out how the radio sits and now iv plugged it back in, nothing! 
The blower motor isn’t working at all, but this was working perfectly fine as well, wasn’t sure if this was linked.

Reply #3
Thanks for the reply mate, this has scrambled my head over the weekend.
The hazard button is a switch on the dash panel.
They was working perfectly fine, until i removed the switch recently when sorting out how the radio sits and now iv plugged it back in, nothing! 
The blower motor isn’t working at all, but this was working perfectly fine as well, wasn’t sure if this was linked.

Ah, so the indicators will be down to the hazard switch as suspected. What the issue is I'm unsure of, but check the plug is connected properly, and check none of the wires have pulled out the back of the plug, then check the length or wires for any damage. And trace back as far as you can to see if anything has been unplugged.

If nothing obvious double check the fuses,
https://www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk/clubforum/index.php?topic=58.0

As you say you've unplugged stuff and it was working before it's very likely down to this being disturbed, something along the way has come unplugged, or potentially some wires have shorted and popped a fuse.

Good luck, hope you sort it.