Skip to main content
Topic: Part Brand Quality - Where To Find? (Read 311 times) previous topic - next topic

Part Brand Quality - Where To Find?

Hi guys,

New member here, I was wondering if someone could tell me if and where to find a list of brands and their quality, I have had a quick look on the forum and haven't been able to find a thread on it, so if anyone knows of such a thread would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Part Brand Quality - Where To Find?

Reply #1
That's actually a really good question.
I think it's been answered on a case by case, but I'm not aware of a list as such.

And some suppliers have been called out in the Knowledge base area under their A-Z listing. Such as Hella.

So, as this seems like it could be helpful I've started a thread here:
https://www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk/clubforum/index.php?topic=1779.0

Re: Part Brand Quality - Where To Find?

Reply #2
Hey thanks for the reply,

I only have just seen this now (sorry about that), thanks for the tip though I know from my experience in another forum there is some sort of forum based practise where this is concerned, and as  new member I wasn't sure how it was set up here.

I have been using autodoc for parts as they seem quite cheap, relative to most other places, however my biggest gripe is sometimes they display products as being compatible but the year of the vehicle they are fitted up to is pre-dates the vehicle you own. The customer service team is quite helpful where this is concerned but sometimes I don't even trust what they tell me, They also list many different brands and lots I have never heard of, but when I tried asking them on the live chat they just said the more expensive the better, but I know that isn't necessarily the case, I have phoned them before and they been able to actually give me some actual advice when enquiry about a specific part.

I just thought if there was a list or somewhere where the part brands are consolidated so a user can just see what it what, it would make everyone's life easier. As somethings for me personally don't matter that much like a window regulator, but then other things like timing belt kits for example I am more concerned about fitting something that is half decent, I know heritage parts sell a genuine VW one, but I think that is OTT, and probably is just a quality brand like Conti in different packaging.

I think there are other website out their like autodc that offer such a wide range of brands, so plenty of choices.