Skip to main content
Topic: Parts suppliers, brands and resellers listed. (Read 299 times) previous topic - next topic

Parts suppliers, brands and resellers listed.

The following is compiled a list of suppliers for parts. Categorised appropriately.
Please comment below with additions and they can be added to the list.
Please also state any personal experiences you may have had with such manufactures, both negative and positive.

Please note, these lists are by no way an endorsement or criticism by the Mk2 Golf Owners Club. These lists is just supposed to helpful pointers to what to buy and from where. Please take time do your own research.

It's worth noting that even well known and respected brands may not be as good these days as their reputation suggests.
The quality and availability of raw materials as well as the country of production can change.

OE suppliers
Manufactures that supply VW, such as:

Bosch
Hella
Motometer
VALEO
VDO
NGK

---------------------

OE equivalent
Manufactures that are not know to have supplied VW direct but there products are seen to be of equal quality, such as:

Champion
Delphi
Febi Bilstein
Lemforder
Mann
Meyle

---------------------

Premium/performance/styling suppliers
Manufactures that supply performance parts which may be considered an upgrade to original VW factory fitted parts, such as:

H&R
ITG
K&N
Kamei
Koni
Metaplast
Milltek Exhausts
Newman Cams
OMP
Pipercross
Powerflex
SWG
Trackslag Exhausts
Zender

---------------------

Other suppliers
Manufactures that supply aftermarket parts which seem to be good quality with no known issues reported, such as:

Ridex
Topran
JP Group
Mapco

---------------------

Black list
Manufactures that have been found to produce poor quality equipment - Avoid, such as:

---------------------
---------------------

In addition to parts, below is a list of recommended sellers.

New parts

AUTODOC - The app is cheaper than the website, delivery times can be lengthy. European supplier, but can be worth waiting as savings can be big. If you're not in a rush add your order to the basket and check daily as the discount can vary. It can be over 40% off.

AVS - Supplier of Genuine and quality aftermarket parts.

Car Parts 4 Less - an online only outlet for Euro Car Parts, it can often work out cheaper to buy from here but you don't have the convince of local store pick up.

Euro Car Parts - Sign up for emails and check their regular discount codes.

GSF - Sign up for emails and check their regular discount codes.

Tierod69 - eBay seller (B and B Components)  - always fast to ship and always sends out quality brands.

TPS - Supplier of genuine VW group parts with 82 across the UK. A trade supplier, some counters are happy to deal with public customers (Cheltenham) other counters may turn you away customers.

---------------------

Used parts

Re: Parts suppliers, brands and resellers listed.

Reply #1
Thankyou for this, in regards to AutoDoc is there certain brands to look out for more specifically, as there is many brands on AutoDoc and I'm not really sure what I'm looking at sometimes.

Maybe one to add is conti, I don't have any experience either way, but I thought it is was a good brand however I'm happy to stand corrected if this is in fact wrong.

Re: Parts suppliers, brands and resellers listed.

Reply #2
I would also like to add that INA are generally a quality brand.