Skip to main content
Topic: Release of afternoon track passes (Read 352 times) previous topic - next topic

Release of afternoon track passes

We are going to be opening up limited afternoon track passes for Saturday & Sunday.

These will be going in the shop very soon and the forum members will be the first to know.

I’ll keep you posted.
National Meet - 19-21 July 2024 @ Curborough Sprint Circuit

Re: Release of afternoon track passes

Reply #2
 Looks great! I’ve not been to anything like this previously (as you will be able to tell from the below  :D ), had a couple of q’s:
Is the track time is suitable for total novices in a bog standard Mk2? Are the cars spaced out as they go around or are you in close proximity of someone else’s pride and joy?
Thanks!

Reply #3
Looks great! I’ve not been to anything like this previously (as you will be able to tell from the below  :D ), had a couple of q’s:
Is the track time is suitable for total novices in a bog standard Mk2? Are the cars spaced out as they go around or are you in close proximity of someone else’s pride and joy?
Thanks!

It's a very small sprint circuit.
We only use a portion of the track.
An average lap is only around 35 seconds.
It's one car at a time, you wait at the start gate and when the previous car comes off you go on.
Complete an entry lap, then the timer starts for 1 complete lap, then you leave the track and wait in the paddock till it's your turn again.
Number of cars is limited so you're never waiting too long between goes. I'd say you usually get 15 to 20 goes.

There's no pressure to perform, no one chasing you and no one else on the track to worry about. Some people just trundle around at their own pace enjoying the experience. Others go full send and test the car and their ability to the limit.

It's great fun but overall a nice relaxed weekend.

Reply #4
Cheers Eddypeck. Sounds fantastic.
Currently negotiating with the other half around the dates in question but fingers crossed will be signing up very shortly!