Skip to main content
Topic: Rclick - aftermarket remote central locking into OE C/L (Read 189 times) previous topic - next topic

Rclick - aftermarket remote central locking into OE C/L

Re: aftermarket remote central locking.

Original post:
https://www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk/clubforum/index.php?topic=1242.msg10584&fbclid=IwAR0ADQxquZbqycafdSr3aFO3xH86bhza9bRJDDGChi0GU8hAizlJpItnAgE#msg10584

Using Rclick kit, like this:
https://rclick.co.uk/shop/index.php?id_product=173&controller=product

@ianmac86 I've pulled your post out here as I didn't want to clog your build thread, and I thought this info might be useful for others.  I'm hopefully, going to have a go at fitting the kit I got for Christmas soon. I was looking back at your post as a reminder and I realise you swapped out the OE master actuator for the rclick one. For some reason I thought you had piggy backed the new unit on top of the original one.

So, my question is how have you wired this up? as you must have something that feeds from the new unit into the OE system to trigger the pump and release the rest of the locks.

I'm trying to make the mk2 as user friendly to Laura as possible so she can use it when needed, hence the power steering the other month. Remote locking seems like a sensible upgrade especially with young kids.

I went for a cheap Rclick kit for about £20. I wanted to keep the existing vacuum system as I have a 5 door, it would of needed 6 actuators to completely change the lot as the fuel flap also lockable. That would have been alot of faffing!
This is what comes in the box

Guard dog watching me

Drilled the template in the only place I could seem to find that didn't foul the window when wound down

Connected the rods, I replaced the plastic part that had gone brittle and snapped

Fitted into place. I had to bend the rod around the one for the internal latch

Chopped the old harness leaving some slack on the old plug incase this goes wrong or I ever need to reconnect it

For now I have used crimped bullet connectors for ease of swapping wires round incase I get this wrong. I will more than likley solder and heatshrink when I'm happy that it functions properly

Bit of insulation tape to stop them hanging too close to the window mechanism

Found a spare live in the back of fusebox and connected the earth onto the claw

And it was that easy! I faffed over a few evenings but I think I could do it again in few hours. So far it works really well. It would be nice to see if I can connect it to the hazards to flash when it's locking/unlocking. I guess I'd need a relay for this? 🤔