Skip to main content
Topic: F749 HGE (Read 250 times) previous topic - next topic

F749 HGE

Got it as a project car with no paperwork. Curious about its history.
Helios blue 8v 1989 small bumper.

Re: F749 HGE

Reply #1
How long have you had it?

If you put the reg into a Google image search this comes up

Which I belive is form an old eBay add. But it no longer links through.

You can also get a lot of info from:
https://totalcarcheck.co.uk/FreeCheck?regno=F749+HGE

There are other services like this, it varies with how much information they give you, there used to be a good one that also gave you change of ownership and other significant updates but that no longer seems to be online.

Digital records for MOTs started in 2005, the first recorded MOT for this is 2019 which means it's been off the road for a long time, since before 2005 at least.

But someone picked it up as a project at that point and put it in for an MOT. It failed with a reasonable list of issues and was resubmitted about 6 weeks later and passed with some advisories still remaining. It hasn't done many miles since.

Unless you can actually track down a previous owner, then any history before 2019 might just be guesswork.

Re: F749 HGE

Reply #2
Hi Eddy,

Thank you very much again! The photo is from the person I bought in March. Using this photo and search using google, I found two other photos which are definitely from an older sale advert. I am not sure how to attach images here.

I had picked it up from a person who had the car for just under 3 weeks and he had no contact or info of the previous owner. Having looking up the MOT records on DVLA, it was tested at Kilmarnock (south of Glasgow) from 2019 to 2022 where it failed every year. Spent around almost 2000 to get it MOT ready on rust and wiring. Hopefully goes well! The link you provided had a car sale advert notice, but it seems cazana doesn't exist anymore unfortunately.