Skip to main content
Topic: Hi all I'm new here (Read 317 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi all I'm new here

Hi all I'm new here my names matt and from swindon, I have a 1990 golf 5 door silver 1600 driver  (called "gloria" from madagascar) nothing special but I like it, I'm trying to getbit back on the road after being off for 12 years, she runs now and drives I just have to rebuild the carb which I am doing now and get a new tyre and send for mot to get the fail sheet to see where it stands the car is not a minter but was tidy when I parked it up, cosmetically I realy need a rear nearside door as my one was caved in then I sanded and rusted it and then my brother pulled the dent and painted but doesn't look very good, if anyone has one let me know. I also have a 89 red gti small bumper to eventually get on the road which is actualy still red and fairly tidy.

Thanks

Matt
Matt

Re: Hi all I'm new here

Reply #2
Welcome to the forum.

Reply #3
Hi Matt  welcome I know we have a few members your way.  If you fancy a drive out, we have a Bristol meet first Friday of the month.  I would need to get you the address.

Mk2 Spares might be a good place to start.
National Meet - 19-21 July 2024 @ Curborough Sprint Circuit

Reply #4
Welcome.
Re the MOT..Assuming it's not been off the road before 2006 won't the .gov site tell you?

MOT History
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel