Skip to main content
Topic: National Meet prep (Read 596 times) previous topic - next topic

National Meet prep

Well with only days to go; what do you still need to do?

National Meet - 19-21 July 2024 @ Curborough Sprint Circuit

Re: National Meet prep

Reply #2
Tim that made me chuckle:)

Reply #3
Like other campers we have an assortment of tents.. a 5 man, far too big.. A 3 man, just right but the poles went missing with son No1 when he went on DofE and a tiny 2 man with 1 broken spar..
For the club meet I bought myself a secondhand 2 man tent of FB Marketplace and today I thought I'd check all is OK and roller more waterproofing on it. Unfortunately one of the glassfibre spars has split, it wasn't expensive but just shows the quality ain't great. I was more annoyed rain stopped the waterproofing since I think I'll need it this weekend.

@vw-widow  Is the food kiosk open at refuelling times? Due to the forecast I want to keep everything  simples!
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #4
@AndyBa yes the onsite cafe will be open.

Reply #5
I've just got to pack the car and maybe give it a quick clean. Really hope the forecast improves!

Reply #6
.. a 5 man, far too big..

Really?
I have a new tent this year, I'll be living in absolute luxury with a 2 bedroom, 8 man tent for me and my son  :))
Got a few other new bits of kit too. But I am concerned with how much I have to fit in the car  8) .

Reply #7
I've just got to pack the car and maybe give it a quick clean. Really hope the forecast improves!

Oh god, I've just looked!!
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #9
I have traction issues at the best of times! :))
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #10
Last year went I stayed over in Curborough I realised I was in the middle of no-where with few shops/supermarkets on the doorstep. (That big building nearby is a warehouse!). I'm a city dweller so can't be too far away from this stuff!  :)

However I did go to the Ventura Retail Park, at Tamworth. It's about 12 miles/30min drive away. It has many shops including Blacks the camping shop, a great find!

Ventura Retail Park

There is also Asda and Sainsburys too!

Hoping to join you guys early evening unless it's tipping in down, if so it might be tomorrow.
Save me a dry patch :)

Reply #11

I have a new tent this year, I'll be living in absolute luxury with a 2 bedroom, 8 man tent for me and my son  :) )
Got a few other new bits of kit too. But I am concerned with how much I have to fit in the car  8) .

So a big bedroom with through lounge/dining room - NICE!

Reply #12
Looking forward to it guys!

I'm bring 2 tents, one is a pop up jobbie to put all my tools/spares in, the other is a 2 man tent I got for my birthday 20 yeas ago! yep... I'm going to errect (oo err) it in the loft today to make sure it has no holes... hopefully its waterproof!