Skip to main content
Topic: connectors needed (Read 149 times) previous topic - next topic

connectors needed

Hey all, looking for both connectorsf or the side light bulbs, both mine have been deleted, an i need a temp sensor connector, prefer not to but a loom justto get these parts

Re: connectors needed

Reply #1
FYI - sidelight bulb holders and their connectors are different between early and late-spec cars.

But if you work out what you need there are other VW and VAG group cars that will have the same making sourcing parts easier.
Some parts (or a modern iteration that fits) may still be available to buy new.

For example, the clips that hold the washer pipe to the bonnet were NLA for VW, but an almost identical part was still in production for SEAT Inca vans until fairly recently. Meaning you could still buy new from a dealer for a sensible price rather than scence tax on old parts

Re: connectors needed

Reply #2

Given lack of replys, i started investagating looms, pictures, an come to a cheap conclusion, that there possibly bosch ev1 connectors, an reluctant cheaper option still is female spade connectors, but i dont like dubbing things, i like things to be correct even if this mk2 is going in a few months, want to bring it up to mot standards an get a pass, as from what ive found on it, theres no way its been mot on a ramp by someone that should being doing them. i contacted the previous owner an asked about a few things an got very much the impression they like me brought blind but they ran a mile

i feel if i get a genniune mot on, an all the things work as they should, i will get more then i paid thats for sure, once done i can concentrate on the GTI