Skip to main content
Topic: Chin Spoiler Support Bracket, Big Bumper Models  (Read 598 times) previous topic - next topic

Chin Spoiler Support Bracket, Big Bumper Models

Hi all,

I bought one of these over a year ago from Heritage as I knew it was missing. So before I remove the bumper does anyone know how it attaches? Is at the bottom of the chin spoiler or where the spoiler joins the bumper. No idea how it attaches to the slam panel either. I can't find any image that shows it attached.

https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/uk/191805915-chin-spoiler-support-bracket-big-bumper-models.html

Heritage description: Bolts to the bottom centre of the slam panel and clips to the back of the chin spoiler, so sounds obvious but when I looked under the car I can't see how it would attach. May be easier to see when the bumper is removed.

Strange how these are for sale on ebay for £40 - £50 when you could get them new for £10 :)

thanks
Rob

Re: Chin Spoiler Support Bracket, Big Bumper Models

Reply #1
Answering my own question in case anyone else needs this. Doubt it unless you’re as stupid as me!

It’s located not on the slam panel but on the cross member.

Reply #2
Useful pic, I couldn’t tell from the heritage link how big it was. I thought fitment would probably be obvious once you’re under the car. Would you say this is a worthwhile part to have? Does it feel like it’s formed up the bumper/splitter?

Reply #3
It definitely gives a lot of support to the bumper, so yes I’d say it was worth it. Not sure I’d pay the prices on eBay though. Heritage we’re selling these for £10 last year.

Rob