Skip to main content
Topic: Eddypeck's '86 GTI The Lunchbreak Project (Read 611 times) previous topic - next topic

Eddypeck's '86 GTI The Lunchbreak Project

For those of you familiar with this thread on the old site you'll know it was a 160 page epic adventure spanning just over 3 years.

I haven't transferred the everything here, but I have condensed and copied to my own wordpress blog. As it's chronological it reads backwards but this link will take you to the first post, there's a link at the bottom of the blog for the next in line and so on:

https://eddypeck.wordpress.com/2013/06/10/eddypecks-86-gti-lunchbreak-project-mon-jun-10-2013-1209-pm/

The story goes from this:

to this:

Re: Eddypeck's '86 GTI The Lunchbreak Project

Reply #1
It popped up on my facebook the other day (1st June) a memory from 7 years ago when me and my lad went up to Rugby to collect this. It marked a significant moment for me, it reunited me with something I was very passionate about but had almost forgotten about - messing about with vehicles. I'd always tinkered when I was younger, even before cars and motorbikes I was always taking my push bikes apart and painting frames etc. but since the kids were born it had turned into just an annual service and any MOT maintenance, out of necessity, the passion had gone. 

In other news, I saw the old car the other day. The new owner UKLonar, (not sure he's moved onto the new forum yet) has the car back with Interpro. They're just around the corner form me and I went by on a dog walk she was parked outside. Looking great, although unwashed in a while