Skip to main content
Topic: Mk 2 GTI Golf for sale Hertfordshire  (Read 324 times) previous topic - next topic

Mk 2 GTI Golf for sale Hertfordshire

Mk 2 white D reg VW Golf GTI
Same owner for over 20 years runs and drives great and used as a daily drive.

In really good condition all original

Regularly MOTD
Recent Mot In May 2020
Manual transmission
8 valve
K-jetronic injection
Petrol

Reluctant sale

Call 01727 761167 or 07846 787955 if interested

Approx 150k miles

Located in Hertfordshire

Sensible offers ie not offers of £2000 or £3000 needs to be a genuine offer as done research and know what they go for......  no dealers please

Re: Mk 2 GTI Golf for sale Hertfordshire

Reply #1
Hi sounds good, any pictures, or reg checker showing mots..etc.
i don't do HPI checks, maybe i should but since working in a bodyshop i know many accidents and repairs are unreported so would not show up.

on mk1 owners site i sold this, and put a onedrive link to mots, and works i'd carried out, and because i didn't want any come back i explained that needed shocks/coilovers replacing and more TLC.

https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=classifieds%2Fcars-for-sale_2%2Fwhite-cabby-gti

Reply #2
Hi

I'm advertising this car on behalf of my dad and he has owned it over 20 years, it's been regularly MOTD including its last MOT last month. I do have photos not sure how to upload them on here though. I also have it listed on pistonheads site with photos but not sure where the best place to advertise is

Reply #5
Looks like a £2000-£3000 mk2 to me 👍

8v
Beesting aerial on the roof
No rear spoiler or gti glass & trim
Visible work to rear valance at towing eye

Reply #6
You need to include an asking price.

Reply #7
Damn, I wish I had seen this as I am in Hertfordshire and have just had something similar (1 family owner car, last for 32 years) transported up from Devon!

Price seems fair just to support, mine needs a bit more work but I paid a bit less. Just a couple of tips to help you with your sale - get some interior pictures and if suitable take some pictures under the boot carpet, the engine bay and if you're brave enough the jacking points. A picture of stacks of paperwork is nice to see too. 20 year ownership is a great asset, if it's low owners state as that can be really attractive.

If you're going to sell remotely like I purchased I asked for lots of picutres of unseen bits which the vendor sorted out, I know it is a bit of pain but I bought it for his asking price and got it collected within days.

'88 Mk2 Golf GTI 8v
'95 VW Corrado VR6
'94 VW Corrado 16v
'02 VW Golf GT TDI
'13 SEAT Exeo ST 170
+ a very understanding wife