Skip to main content
Topic: Golf Driver Insurance....Classic or Not? (Read 732 times) previous topic - next topic

Golf Driver Insurance....Classic or Not?

Have been in touch with Adrian Flux for a quote, 1990 golf Driver.There telling me it's not a classic and therefore does not qualify for such a policy.Any other Driver owners had the same response ?

Re: Golf Driver Insurance....Classic or Not?

Reply #1
I had the same response from FJ. It will also depend on the month registered as you're in that 30 year old category. I did have a car insured with Lancaster like that though.
Mk2 Golf Riviera
Other toys

Reply #2
I thought classic car status was based on age and not trim level?

My wife's car is a Corrado (much newer) and before it was heavily modified, it was insured as a classic.
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #3
Have been in touch with Adrian Flux for a quote, 1990 golf Driver.There telling me it's not a classic and therefore does not qualify for such a policy.Any other Driver owners had the same response ?

When was you car first registered?
National Meet - 19-21 July 2024 @ Curborough Sprint Circuit

Reply #4
Fez, you could always PM Dan at Flux on this board, in the Flux section see what he says.  @DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
National Meet - 19-21 July 2024 @ Curborough Sprint Circuit

Reply #6
Thanks folks, car is not 30 until august,but Lancaster have insured as a classic and nearly half the price of the Flux quote. Would recommend .