Skip to main content
Topic: Make a few quid? (Read 606 times) previous topic - next topic

Make a few quid?

Looking for something entirely different and Google threw this site up -

Bookaclassic

I'd read posts on other sites where owners have managed to get their cars on TV etc., suppose it's obvious that there's going to be sites catering to those trying to source them.

Re: Make a few quid?

Reply #1
I have considered and looked into this before. A lot of negative comments by the people that have let their cars out like this. General opinion is they are not cared for as much as you’d hope. Ok if you have an average old car I suppose but not a pride and joy.

Reply #2
not bad at all £160 min charge, although i'm more interested in the cost of insuring someone else to drive it fully comp for a day...what would terms be on that,   would be happy to do chauffeuring part... done a couple of weddings locally in my red mk1 sportline. for 80£ plus drink... lol

I'm sure I added mine on there before but never showed up..I put sportline and mk2 as backup car. Even have agreed with local taxi to try do chauffeur to airport/ hotel to do a deal.. in case any car breakdown.

Reply #3
In fairness I didn't look at the terms too closely but yes, there's quite a few things I'd want to know before putting a car forward.

As said above, by it's very nature it'll be a car you probably care more about than you do your regular transport.

I think you can pick and choose the sort of work you want, on this site at least, and there doesn't seem to be any obligation to accept bookings.

I think I'd limit myself to the TV type of work if I was going to do it at all, probably no where near the same demand for that than for weddings etc... I wonder how many refusals you need to make before they drop you?

Like most things, great when it goes well, not so good when it doesn't

Reply #4
Ok, so my first comment was made without actually going through to the link. That seems to be a slightly different business model than I've seen elsewhere. I was thinking more along the lines of the companies that hire cars for TV shows and the like. Sometimes you might Just be a car parked in a street other times you might be driven. There's a lot of TV shows set around 80/90s and these background cars have to come from somewhere.