Skip to main content
Topic: 4x6 parcel shelf support speakers (Read 742 times) previous topic - next topic

4x6 parcel shelf support speakers

The rear speakers in mine are still the original VW items. I'm looking to upgrade.

I was considering making up some kind of adpater to fit 5.25 round miderange and component tweeter but I'm not 100% conviced on that idea so might just go with like for liek replacements.

Don't want to spend a mint, but wondered if anyone had any experince with these Alpine SXE-4625S https://tinyurl.com/y9nngbfv or any alternative before I hit buy now.

Re: 4x6 parcel shelf support speakers

Reply #1
I've actually bought those same speakers myself but havent got round to fitting them yet. They should deliver plenty of volume without having to hack the car around.

Reply #2
I recon those Alpines would be pretty nice.

After all, you only want a bit of rear fill.
Spend all the big bucks for your up front components, that's where you sit :))
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #3
I recon those Alpines would be pretty nice.

After all, you only want a bit of rear fill.
Spend all the big bucks for your up front components, that's where you sit :))

Well thankfully the previous owner did that with a nice Focal component set up. I've been l looking at some alternatives and found some with a lower frequency responce, but then got into an article that made the whole like for like comparison of frequency response a bit more tricky to work out so now I don't know where I stand,  :))