Skip to main content
Topic: Single wiper, how to do it? (Read 1334 times) previous topic - next topic

Single wiper, how to do it?

As title, how to convert into single windscreen wiper, do I need any parts or can I make all myself? Thanks. -B
Just a Finnish dude.

Re: Single wiper, how to do it?

Reply #1
I remember back in the 90s DIY how to's were published in Max Power and the like, I think you need to extend the pivot bar which will extend the sweep. (I think you need to flip the pivot bar on a late car to get the drivers wiper to go the other way, early ones already had LHD wipers). You can do it with the existing set up, which is fine if you still want the wiper in the lower park position. Popular at the time was to have the park position straight up in the centre of the windscreen. This looks odd with a kinked wiper arm, so kits are available (Bonarth - not sure if still produced or if you have to find an old one) with a straight wiper arm.

Reply #2
I may have one in my shed. I’ll see if I can find it and dig it out and take some photos if that helps?

Reply #3
A link to this popped up on that Facebook site. Sometimes has some useful stuff but as Tim says you could make your own for less.

Bonarth 18" wiper arm

A few years ago I tried to convert the annoying LHD wipers on our Zafira A to RHD. But the reshaped arms periodically hit. Arrrrgh!.

A single wiper conversion should be straight forward.
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #4
Are you still looking to do the single wiper conversion.

Found a setup in garage yesterday, thought I had already sold it.
Don't think can embed OneDrive pics but here is a pic of the item.
Top Vs standard wiper unit
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AojvEY2RP2zGhg_3SkoH66UrmuMd