Skip to main content
Topic: Retro Alpine Cassette Deck and CD Changer (Read 739 times) previous topic - next topic

Retro Alpine Cassette Deck and CD Changer

So, I'm changing my audio set up so sticking this up for sale.

Thought I'd ask on here before turning to the Mighty Bay of E (and idiots).

It's actually from around the early 2000s but still classic enough Alpine styling to not look out of place in a Mk2. I had it in my previous mk2 and kept it when I sold that on, it's fitted in my current one as it's such a nice unit.

Be being a bit later it benefits from RDS and more power which is why I got this instead of the 90s Alpine I had previously.

Head unit is TDM-9501RM which is good high spec model. Many you see for sale are 7000 range, 9000 range was top dog iirc.

It outputs a decent 45 watt a corner, so good enough power for uprated speakers in the standard dash/door/rear shelf locations without the need to any additional amp.  But has pre-out for an Amp or Sub if required.

PDF manual here:
https://www.alpine-europe.com/fileadmin/user_upload/manuals/history_products/TDM-9505RB/OM_TDM-9505RB_EN.pdf

Also comes with CHM-S630 6 disc CD changer.

This unit uses the older M-BUS 8 pin din plug rather than the newer Alpine AI connection, so you can get a din plug to Aux for a few quid of eBay it you'd rather use the head unit with a phone.

The bad bits:
As you can see from the pics the numbers on some of the buttons are a bit worn off in places. There is currently a spare face on eBay for £15, I was considering getting it.
Also I don't have the trim surround, although this still available, I have one in my eBay watch list as I also intended getting one before deciding to change it.

When I got it it didn't come with a cage so I never fitted it properly, but I have since bought a brand new aftermarket cage for the correct Alpine fitment. I haven't got round to fitting it yet but will include this in the sale.

Asking £65 all in, including postage.

For reference there's a couple the same but head unit only for sale on eBay, one at £89.99 + P&P the other with a starting bid of £60.

Re: Retro Alpine Cassette Deck and CD Changer

Reply #1
I will have it if you’ve still got it please.
1988 8v GTI, 3 door in black.  It's a bit like me, doesn't look too bad from a distance but up close.......:D

Reply #2
Still got it, it’s still in fitted but I’ve picked up the new one. New one didn’t come with the patch lead: head unit to Cd changer. But these are usually less than a tenner. I had to buy a new one for this car as l left the old one in the old car.

I’ll sort it out and get in touch.

Reply #3
Cheers, no need to rush as I’ve tucked mine away and I need to source some half decent speakers as well.
1988 8v GTI, 3 door in black.  It's a bit like me, doesn't look too bad from a distance but up close.......:D