3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Re: New here, again I think.

Reply #2
Thanks Monkey, bought it new, got about 90k miles on it.  Doesn't quite look like that at the moment, bodywork and interior does, but mechanically it is in boxes.  Main crank oil seal started weeping on the clutch about 3 years ago so I decided to fix it.
 Oooops, but it will be good when I've finished. Didn't look too bad mechanically but there is just the block and sump left on a stand in the engine bay.

Reply #4
Very impressed you bought it new.
Are you working on it yourself?
If so, get some pics and a build thread up, we love seeing progress pics!

It looks very well in the pics, I'm on the hunt for another mk2 and would like to get one even half as good looking as that.
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #5
Welcome.  You have a cracking original car there and it is exactly what mine should look like.........................

If you can, start a thread in the Members Rides section so we can see how you are getting on with the work and it might be beneficial to join the club if you haven't already done so as you will be able to get discounts in places like VW Heritage
1988 8v GTI, 3 door in black.  It's a bit like me, doesn't look too bad from a distance but up close.......:D

Reply #6
I may be able to do a back together thread but it is not what I would call a restoration or build, it's more overly through maintenance keeping the car as near to how it left the factory as I possibly can. 
A lot of the car looks like this at the moment; inlet manifold, exhaust manifold and stripped cylinder head needing some machining.  All my own work, no body work need, all body work appears good.

Reply #7
Welcome.  You have a cracking original car there and it is exactly what mine should look like.........................

If you can, start a thread in the Members Rides section so we can see how you are getting on with the work and it might be beneficial to join the club if you haven't already done so as you will be able to get discounts in places like VW Heritage
I'm here because I enquired about being a paid member and was sent a link by Michelle T

Reply #8

I'm here because I enquired about being a paid member and was sent a link by Michelle T

Sorry, I meant become a paid member (think it's £7 per year).  If you are a paid member you will get access to member discounts at places such as VW Heritage.
1988 8v GTI, 3 door in black.  It's a bit like me, doesn't look too bad from a distance but up close.......:D

Reply #10
Don’t look at my car; I’m unlikely to ever sell it. When I’m no longer you will have to negotiate with my son’s.

Reply #11
Halo dan selamat datang di klub!

Reply #12

Sorry, I meant become a paid member (think it's £7 per year).  If you are a paid member you will get access to member discounts at places such as VW Heritage.
Yes I understood your suggestion, it's not obvious though where you sign up.

Reply #13

Made a start with an introduction:
https://www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk/clubforum/index.php?topic=517.0
Can develop it into an as now then back together thread if there is interest.