Skip to main content
Topic: Badges!? (Read 1013 times) previous topic - next topic

Badges!?

Best place to find replacement rear badges? Vw logo and golf.... surely not £40. Anyone know of a good replica source?

Re: Badges!?

Reply #1
Not aware of any replica ones. Could try Matt Palmer if Mk2 spares. He’s a club sponsor.

Good console used can fetch Good money. Settled for satin black paint for my rear vw badge.

There’s also a guy on eBay that does chrome vinyl lettering to recondition worn out ones. Results are quite good I’m led to believe.

Side note: your user name... where are you? There’s a fair few active members in Bristol and the south west. And we used to run monthly Bristol meets before Covid.

Reply #2
Hi. Do all  GTI 16v badges fit both 7 and 5 slot grilles, or do I need a special one for my 7 slot?  Thanks. 
16V GTI under restoration
Learning a lot  as I go along

Reply #4
Not aware of any replica ones. Could try Matt Palmer if Mk2 spares. He’s a club sponsor.

Good console used can fetch Good money. Settled for satin black paint for my rear vw badge.

There’s also a guy on eBay that does chrome vinyl lettering to recondition worn out ones. Results are quite good I’m led to believe.

Side note: your user name... where are you? There’s a fair few active members in Bristol and the south west. And we used to run monthly Bristol meets before Covid.

Hey mate, yes I am based in central Bristol, Kingsdown. Who else is about? I'd be up for a meet outdoors somewhere..

Reply #5
The badges for 5 and 7 slat grills are NOT interchangeable. If you have a 7 slat grill you need and early badge.
Thanks
Anyone got an early 16v badge?
16V GTI under restoration
Learning a lot  as I go along

Reply #6
   191853679m  is the part number  on the grill i removed from my small bumper.   date marked 7/90     I get my prices from ebay.. so anything from £25 to 200£  Pm me or text 07974768755

Reply #7

Hey mate, yes I am based in central Bristol, Kingsdown. Who else is about? I'd be up for a meet outdoors somewhere..

I’m in Thornbury. We used to meet every moth at Bradley Stoke, I’m hoping we can get back to it next year.

Reply #8

Nice one count me in. I’d be down!

I’m in Thornbury. We used to meet every moth at Bradley Stoke, I’m hoping we can get back to it next year.