Skip to main content
Topic: Help! sill cover mounting brackets  (Read 881 times) previous topic - next topic

Help! sill cover mounting brackets

Hi,

New to the forum.

Having sills replaced on both sides in the New Year,  is it possible to re use the sill cover clips? Or as they are circa 30 years old they are brittle and break?

I have some on order with VW Heritage, as of yet no indication of likely, if at all, delivery.

If you can’t get/find new clips are there any alternatives?

Any advice, hints or availability of new clips very welcome!

Cheers.

Hamish
Hamish

If it’s got T*&s or Wheels, it will give you problems......

Mk 2 Oak Green 16 Valve

Re: Help! sill cover mounting brackets

Reply #3
think they are available on ebay, and www.classic-vw .co.uk although you may have to wait until new year for delivery.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, tried an eBay search, google search with the part number and/or a description l’ll give your suggestion a try.

Cheers.
Hamish

Mk 2 Oak Green 16 Valve

Reply #4
Heritage just buy from others including Vw , have you tried TPS, VW , classic.de ? Or even a google of part number?

Thanks for the reply, and the info.

I’ll give your suggestions a try, thought the part would be to old for TPS(?)

Yep, tried a Google search with part number, no luck so far.

I’ll keep trying.

Thanks for your help.
Hamish

Mk 2 Oak Green 16 Valve

Reply #6
 wow blimey ages since i looked at prices for those clips.. found a  repro kit with screws and 10 clips new but with postage would be £150..  if you desperate i can get and put in my online shop.. will be new year now..  Or try dubstock or mk2spares on instagram and facebook for used items

Reply #7

These what you are looking for? https://www.bmmvostok.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=262675

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I found these on this website also, when I added the quantity to a basket and went to the next step, the basket showed what looked like a different item with different part numbers so I didn’t continue. 

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Hamish

Mk 2 Oak Green 16 Valve

Reply #8
wow blimey ages since i looked at prices for those clips.. found a  repro kit with screws and 10 clips new but with postage would be £150..  if you desperate i can get and put in my online shop.. will be new year now..  Or try dubstock or mk2spares on instagram and facebook for used items

Hi

Thanks for the offer, not sure the repair will go ahead when planned due to COVID restrictions.  l’ll check out the other places you mention. 

Once again thanks for your time and suggestion. 

Thanks.
Hamish

Mk 2 Oak Green 16 Valve