Skip to main content
Topic: CupraCraigs 20v Project (Read 4852 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CupraCraigs 20v Project

Reply #60
So its all in and works a treat. I have to take the brackets off and paint them black, then put all the trim back in now but thats just a minor thing to do

IMG_20210819_213155 by Laxadams, on Flickr

IMG_20210819_175337 by Laxadams, on Flickr

IMG_20210819_175334 by Laxadams, on Flickr

IMG_20210819_213216 by Laxadams, on Flickr

IMG_20210819_213236 by Laxadams, on Flickr

[MEDIA=youtube]I-zX8YKzDfs[/MEDIA]

Reply #62
Yes, exceptional work!

I smell a business opportunity, bound to be plenty of interest in such a professional install... get in there, before someone else does.

Reply #64
Yes, exceptional work!

I smell a business opportunity, bound to be plenty of interest in such a professional install... get in there, before someone else does.

I did price up the loom creation and i can do them for just under £30 (cost) if i make a batch of tens. Not sure what a window loom would sell for really.
But when you weigh up the liablity risks, its probably not worth the effort.

Reply #65
Great work Craig, that looks (and works, I've seen the video) great.

Electric tilt and slide sunroof next? :-)

funnily enough i did think about that a few years back but thought it too much effort. But then i converted the engine and loom so nothing is really too much effort now. Something to consider for sure

Reply #66
Yes, exceptional work!

I did price up the loom creation and i can do them for just under £30 (cost) if i make a batch of tens. Not sure what a window loom would sell for really.
But when you weigh up the liablity risks, its probably not worth the effort.

Just keep a it documented of what you did, wire lengths, connectors and plugs so you could make ad-hoc if someone asks. I'm sure with your thread on here and ClubGTI I wouldn't be surprised if others wanted to follow suit.

Reply #67
That's so cool, quite literally!!
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #68
well today i ordered a new downpipe from Trackslag. 3.5" into 2.5" for the exhaust.

Why would you do this craig, i hear you ask.
Well, originally it had a qpeng one and in the early days of modding the car, i had to trim the pipe at the exhaust connection end as it was too long... and i cut it a bit too short. Its never really been an issue, but last night it came loose, so i decided that for the cost, it was worth getting a new one (its also an upgrade) and making sure its a bit longer this time. Not only for a better fit, but also peace of mind that its done right.

So if anyones after a 2.5" downpipe, i'll have one for sale soon. Great for conversion on a custom exhaust.

Reply #70
Nice looking pipe, that.
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #71
well today i ordered a new downpipe from Trackslag. 3.5" into 2.5" for the exhaust.

Why would you do this craig, i hear you ask.

Because it's your birthday treat? :)
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #72
ha sadly not.

The change of downpipe has resolved some issues i never knew i had really. car feels lots better now, i think having the o2 sensor in a place with more volume and a bit further back might be helping things, but im not an expert, so its probably just in my head.