Skip to main content
Topic: Boot lock central locking (Read 628 times) previous topic - next topic

Boot lock central locking

Morning all,
Bear with me on this as I try to explain..

So when I do the central locking the boot doesn't lock, however last night I pulled it apart and greased it and it started working as the pin In the image below slides between the button hinge and pull rod to lock to stop it opening fully..

However I realised this morning it's only a partial fix, as when you open the boot and close it, the lock pin doesn't slide through properly ... UNLESS you grab the button with your fingers and pull out towards me a few mm to create a small gap for pin to slide through.. now this is ok for now, but what part would be causing this or would I be best getting the whole button setup?

Any help/advice would be great,
Edit:
I'm now aware this is definitely not a factory fit locking system 👍

Re: Boot lock central locking

Reply #1
try adjusting the  the threaded bar... you still get new actuators like that on ebay... search central locking actuators only a few £.. maybe the old one has had its day. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2wire-slave-Central-Locking-Door-Motor-Solenoid-actuator-MOT-S/160831221219?hash=item257249ade3:g:7nAAAOSw74NZje~s

Re: Boot lock central locking

Reply #3
I might be wrong but that doesn't look factory. Do you have aftermarket central locking or is it the air fed OEM set up and I'm juts not seeing it right?

Its definitely not factory looking at the information now - the actuator still works perfectly.

I will try and get a picture to show the pin going 'under' the rod to lock which means then the button cannot be pushed in all the way to allow the lock to open.

the problem is when unlocked - and button pressed it moves it slightly and doesn't leave space for the actuator to slide the pin in fully.

I cant get my head round how to stop the button moving when pressed

i'll try and get pictures/videos to see if anyone has an idea :D