Skip to main content
Topic: Classic Resto / Metal fabrication shop - Herts/Beds/Essex/Suffolk  (Read 491 times) previous topic - next topic

Classic Resto / Metal fabrication shop - Herts/Beds/Essex/Suffolk

Hi!

I'm struggling to find a classic resto style bodyshop to work on my car. I need someone with fabrication experience to do a nice job.

This is for both my Corrado and my mk2. The Corrado has been recently painted and the job is nice but i've learnt you really need to find a classic restoration speciallist who understands how to cut out and fabricate panels as my arches are starting to go rusty again and i've only done 50 miles on it!

I've contacted quite a few places and they are all very busy. Some have 3-5 year waiting lists, others not taking on any work as too busy and others just don't get back to me.

With corrado i am looking for someone to do a restoration of the undercarriage. Jacking points, 2cm rust hole, rear end of the sills needs some fab work, A pillars inspected, underseal repaired however needed. The interior is already stripped out for inspection.

The mk2 needs the same as the corrado but also panels welded on the body - valance, scuttle, arches. I'm stripping that one back to a shell and plan to deliver it to a shop ready for work. Also wanted it painted where needed too.

If anyone knows and can recommend anybody, particularly with metal work please let me know. I'm happy to travel for this :)

Cheers,
Matt

Re: Classic Resto / Metal fabrication shop - Herts/Beds/Essex/Suffolk

Reply #2
ohh I forgot about them Nige - thanks. I have moved so they are close to me now.

Do they do fabrication work? A lot of the panels on the corrado are obsolete so i need someone who will make up parts rather look for new panels to weld in - rear of corrado sills for example.

Re: Classic Resto / Metal fabrication shop - Herts/Beds/Essex/Suffolk

Reply #4
Cheers Nige, have sent a message to see if they are interested in the type of work I need.