Skip to main content
Topic: Auxiliary Gauges... (Read 2641 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Auxiliary Gauges...

Reply #30
I have finally got it to work!

Sorted out a few gremlins, I'll be honest this has been hassle but the fact its working now is making me realise it was completely worth it!

Reply #31
Good news... what turned out to be the issue?

Reply #32
Good news... what turned out to be the issue?

So I bought a loom off eBay because my knowledge of electrical wiring isn't great.. and the set came with wires to go from gauge to sender and temp sender they also had bullet connector points.. however they were only about 6inches long, so naturally I got more cable and crimped bullet connector and ran through cable to sender.. didn't work.. finally a guy off the Facebook page Del Mahi gave me a call and said about there being one continuous cable through which made me realise.. wait there's a connection point.

Pulled it out the mornings threw away the small wore and connected my wire direct to gauge.
Working fine!

So happy this morning!

Reply #33
Modern cars are missing a trick not fitting (useful) gauges, just adds to the pleasure of owning / driving plus helps avert a mechanical mishap before it happens.

Did you fit the new oil pressure sender to the lower point above the oil filter or the upper point on the end of the cylinder head?

Reply #34
Modern cars are missing a trick not fitting (useful) gauges, just adds to the pleasure of owning / driving plus helps avert a mechanical mishap before it happens.

Did you fit the new oil pressure sender to the lower point above the oil filter or the upper point on the end of the cylinder head?

Mine went in at the end of the cylinder head with a t piece and also the OEM sender.

Need to work out the pressures for 8v PB and make sure all is ok.. now I know the pressure I feel like it could be low 🙈

Reply #36
Incredibly I'm still waiting for the VDO oil temperature gauge sensor to arrive (due the end of the month).

I was going to wait until it arrived before committing to an adapter so both it and the original VW sender (for the MFA) could be fitted.

In the mean time I've discovered I have the oil filter / cooler bracket from a MK3 fitted, which differs from the regular MK2 one in a few ways including having an additional third threaded port.

My part number is 053-115-417A and the standard part is 053-115-417

I'm hoping / guessing the new VDO sender can utilise that extra port and avoid the need for an adapter - any MK3 owners able to help?

Reply #37
Just noticed the random image I plucked from the inter-web of a 2 x hole bracket infact has three, one at the front edge!