Skip to main content
Topic: Old member re-registered!  (Read 727 times) previous topic - next topic

Old member re-registered!

Evening all. Can’t recall my old username but my saved creds didn’t work anymore, so perhaps my inactive account was closed?

I’ve an 1989 GTI Special LHD I’m slowly doing up. Have a bit of an issue starting it now but hoping I’ll be able to figure it out eventually! I’ve promised myself THIS will be the year I get him back in the road after a restore and a 10 year or so gap!

I’m located near Chepstow just on the Welsh border.

Cheers all

Re: Old member re-registered!

Reply #1
Welcome back. Get some photos up!

If it's been a few years, it will be because we had to migrate the forum and we lost every user in the move.
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #2
Thanks Monkey - Yes, sadly it probably would be! New (to me) layout looks great though, and renders well on different devices too - a very welcome improvement!

Will stick up some images....

Thanks again

Reply #3
Hi, I’m not too far from Chepstow - Coleford.  Hoping to get a regional meet going soon :)

National Meet - 19-21 July 2024 @ Curborough Sprint Circuit

Reply #5
Hello both - good to know there's local members! I did pop to a couple of meetings at Bradley Stoke but sadly wasn't in my Golf at that point and did meet a few faces. Spoke to Michelle and her husband I think who'd just purchased a white late 8v. Mine is STILL not on the road years later, but I'm hopeful for this year....famous last words....

Love Thornbury - we go often when we can but haven't seen any mk2 in the area yet, I'll keep an eye out!

Reply #7
I remember know :) @Michael_Mc
National Meet - 19-21 July 2024 @ Curborough Sprint Circuit

Reply #8
My recently acquired black GTi 8 V (1989) is a regular at Tesco Thornbury and about. We live in Tytherington and I am still trying to find something faulty to initiate local dealers 3 month warranty, no luck so far, but then only covered 160 miles in 2 months!
I traded in an E46 M3 and don’t (yet) regret this life changing event as this car delivers fun fun fun without needing regular feeding at petrol station and relieving me of stress waiting for the next ‘big item’ to need replacing at Dick Lovett!
Give us a flash if in the area?

Reply #9
Great, another local! My bloody fuel pump has failed yet again, so another set back to getting mine back on the road again! When I do get this resolved and all the other 100s of jobs, I no doubt be up for a good tour around the area and will beep and wave if I see anyone.