Skip to main content
Topic: Wanted: Tow eye cover and Horn cover  (Read 852 times) previous topic - next topic

Wanted: Tow eye cover and Horn cover

Hi all,

I need the following parts

Horn cover. Has to be 191 419 669 E version

Tow eye cover for small bumper

I am located in Melbourne, Australia and will pay for postage

Thanks
Bryce

Re: Wanted: Tow eye cover and Horn cover

Reply #1
Hi Bryce
horn cover 191 419 669k  looks identical to the one shown above. has 4 hooks  and 1 location pin, horn plate 191419693c  is attached, i do have 1 on my leather steering wheel.  from sportline and mk2 gti

Reply #2
Hi Bryce
horn cover 191 419 669k  looks identical to the one shown above. has 4 hooks  and 1 location pin, horn plate 191419693c  is attached, i do have 1 on my leather steering wheel.  from sportline and mk2 gti

Thanks, but the K version is about 15mm wider and won’t fit

Reply #4
And shorter too.. just found the version your after. Will post pictures. 
Although post and export to oz maybe high

Thanks so much.  I don’t mind paying postage. By chance do you also have a tow eye cover?

Reply #6
What year is yours i thought it was later?
The tow I cover you've shown in an early car 84-87/88 if your handbrake just has a cover that clips over the lever you want the one pictured.

But if you handbrake has a surround fixed to the floor you need a later style tow eye cover, it's more triangular.

You can also check by the tow eye itself early a U shape, later are more of a V.

Reply #7
What year is yours i thought it was later?
The tow I cover you've shown in an early car 84-87/88 if your handbrake just has a cover that clips over the lever you want the one pictured.

But if you handbrake has a surround fixed to the floor you need a later style tow eye cover, it's more triangular.

You can also check by the tow eye itself early a U shape, later are more of a V.

It is an 88 and is definitely the early style cover