Skip to main content
Topic: Identify pull out radio (bit of a long shot!) pictures added!  (Read 918 times) previous topic - next topic

Identify pull out radio (bit of a long shot!) pictures added!

Hello,

I'm lightly restoring a 1986 1.3 CL which has a pull out radio fitted, however the radio is long gone. Before tampering with the wiring I'd like to try and find a replacement radio that fits the cage, but I don't really know where to start trying to identify what radio goes in there!

I know it's a bit of a long shot but I thought it may be worth asking on here, any help would be greatly appreciated. Photos of the cage are further down the thread now I know how to post photos!

Re: Identify pull out radio (bit of a long shot!)

Reply #2
Sorry can't access any of the pics.

Ah right, sorry, I'm not sure how to embed images into my posts. Is there a 'how to' guide or something like that? I did search for one but couldn't seem to find anything...

Re: Identify pull out radio (bit of a long shot!)

Reply #3
This is a pretty good side for hosting images. It gives you the BBcode for pasting into forums

https://imgbb.com/

Re: Identify pull out radio (bit of a long shot!) pictures added!

Reply #8
Looks like it might be a system called 'Quick Out' that converted an existing fixed installation Blaupunkt radio into a pull out type. There seems to be other bits to it, like a handle and that seperate wired in box you can see in the Facebook images that you're missing - The part number of that box is what identified the maker.

If you Google 'Blaupunkt Quick Out' you'll see there's slightly different versions / connectors on some of them so probably not completely universal.

Also seems to be aimed at the higher end units of the time and unfortunately they seem to fetch serious money these days.

Re: Identify pull out radio (bit of a long shot!) pictures added!

Reply #9
Looks like it might be a system called 'Quick Out' that converted an existing fixed installation Blaupunkt radio into a pull out type. There seems to be other bits to it, like a handle and that seperate wired in box you can see in the Facebook images that you're missing - The part number of that box is what identified the maker.

If you Google 'Blaupunkt Quick Out' you'll see there's slightly different versions / connectors on some of them so probably not completely universal.

Also seems to be aimed at the higher end units of the time and unfortunately they seem to fetch serious money these days.

Hello again thanks for all the info really appreciate it. Have had a look and yeah looks like people are asking crazy money for the radios in the UK, though ebay.de shows some much cheaper completed listings...

Thanks again, now I know what I'm looking for I can try and find something!