Skip to main content
Topic: Air Box to Manifold Ducting... (Read 487 times) previous topic - next topic

Air Box to Manifold Ducting...

Had thought about trying to repair the original ducting by wrapping it in something suitable but it'd always be on the back of my mind if it was heat resistant enough.

Found this stuff, suitable up to 150° and now that it's arrived is identical to VW's own save for the reinforcing cord being a different colour.

More than enough in the minimum 1m purchase length to do 3 x cars.

eBay

Usual disclaimer - seller nothing to do with me and I'm sure if you look hard enough would maybe get it cheaper elsewhere.

Re: Air Box to Manifold Ducting...

Reply #1
I use the very same stuff (albeit 80mm) for my brake ducting!
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #2
Pedant in me says I could probably dye it black!

Reply #3
I replaced mine with some ali tubing which split. I was going to replace it again but noted in one of Rubjonnys post saying it isn't necessary so haven't bothered.
However I guess you are going for OEM?
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #4
Rings a bell... recently read something elsewhere about it being of no real benefit in our 'normal' climate.

Aiming for the same thing as with the 205... something that'll get driven and enjoyed without worrying too much about the effect on value or wear and tear.

Reply #5
On my car I use the same stuff as classic beetles use in the engine bay for air ducting.
Mk2 Golf Riviera
Other toys

Reply #6
Nice, thanks for posting.

Its missing on both my 8v and 16v  :))