Skip to main content
Topic: Rear corner or arch cut (Read 482 times) previous topic - next topic

Rear corner or arch cut

Before I part with my hard earned for a new one of these...

Just wondered if anyone had any left over panels or body cuts, or this section from an arch repair panel ..
e.g  the bottom bit of one of these

Just a bit scabby on the rear left:

But I don't think it warrants a full repair panel.

Re: Rear corner or arch cut

Reply #1
Tim, I have those very panels.....however both mine have the ends cut off to make repairs on mine!
They are Klokkerholm brand and zinc coated. The moulding of the panels seems fine except for the ends where they don't shrink the metal so it has folds in arch lip - not ideal. They didn't cost much.
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #2
Tim, I have those very panels.....however both mine have the ends cut off to make repairs on mine!
They are Klokkerholm brand and zinc coated. The moulding of the panels seems fine except for the ends where they don't shrink the metal so it has folds in arch lip - not ideal. They didn't cost much.

I found the exact same, bought a panel for a few quid from Classic VW and used the lower half, once you trim it, it fits pretty well.
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #3
I've just ordered the same rear corners from heritage about £25 a side

Reply #4
Have ordered from Mark at Classic VW now.

After a bit more metal (and filler) removal I've now ordered a full arch for the right side (5 door as that's all in stock - but I only need the lip so should be able to trim back) and the full back corner for the left side....

where's the fingers crossed emoji?