Skip to main content
Topic: Fitting wiper bung & garage recommend (Read 471 times) previous topic - next topic

Fitting wiper bung & garage recommend

Good evening all!

Just after a little help, i've had the rust bubbles fixed around the 3rd wiper bung by the body shop, but didn't refit the bung.

I've tried & i don't want to force the pin too much, plus the bung pushes back up when you hold the wiper mechanism against it as though its not fully home (approx 3-4mm).  So is it a case of brute force & ignorance or am I doing it wrong?  Also ETKA shows a bolt coming from underneath but theres no thread :o

Can anyone recommend a decent garage in Hampshire/Wiltshire/Dorset area that is good at setting up a digifant as I dont have a timing gun or CO meter & the engine seems a little flat & I've not had it tuned yet - (used to have my older cars done by Tune-Up a mobile engine diagnostic tuner in Exeter years ago).

Off to Beaulieu for Simply VW on the 19th June! Hopefully see some of you there!

many thanks for any help on either problem

Andy

Re: Fitting wiper bung & garage recommend

Reply #1
Hampshire/Wiltshire/Dorset is a big range, where abouts are you based.

Reply #2
Hi there,

I'm near Andover, but willing to travel for the right garage.

cheers
andy

Reply #4
Re the wiper blank.
Don't you have to hold the wiper mechanism over the end of the blank making sure the mech is as far up the blanking bung before you push the finishing "pin" in since the pin splays-out the blank to hold it secure?
I did mine years ago. Perhaps have a trial run with just the blank and pin off the car to check that is all good first?
1991 Tornado Red BB 8v GTI Moredoor
2008 Skoda Octy Scout aka dirty diesel

Reply #5
Managed to do the bung, used the old bung with new pin, the vw heritage bung I had got refused to go all the way home, but once bung in the pin slipped in nicely.
I did measure them all up before starting against new & old and we’re the same!
I don’t know💁 But it works now which is all that matters!
Cheers all for the help
Andy