Skip to main content
Topic: Main Beam warning light not working (Read 649 times) previous topic - next topic

Main Beam warning light not working

Hi Guys
My main beam warning light has stopped working. I have a live feed to the instrument cluster so it looks like the bulb has blown. Does anyone know where you can get replacement bulbs from.

Thanks
Ian

Re: Main Beam warning light not working

Reply #1
It's a grain of wheat bulb with a blue cap. I think 3mm, put in 3mm grain of wheat bulb into ebay and you'll see.

It can be replaced with an LED like the others. Blue LEDs are a relatively new thing for some reason they couldn't make the originally.
Normal LEDs for these slots are 5mm, but if you're going to put in a blue LED I suggest you get a 3mm one and use the bulb cap as it will be blindingly bright otherwise.

Reply #2
Thanks for your help. I have since found out the part number for the bulb is 357 919 062. VW stopped making them 6 years ago, but I found a company called Brickwerks who can supply the bulb as it also is fitted to T3,T4 & Caddy models.
Hope this info helps anyone else with the same issue.

Reply #3
If you look up Biltechnik, he will refurbish and upgrade your clocks with blue LEDs (amongst other services).

He's done both of mine and a did a very good job too!
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v