Skip to main content
Topic: How having a mk2 impacts on you life in other ways....  (Read 1505 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: How having a mk2 impacts on you life in other ways....

Reply #15
FIngers Crossed!
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #16
Do hope it pulls off for you! I do hate it when things like this happen - the number of jobs I hear of when people go for them, perform well and then the panel re-evaluate if they need to fill the role at all! You don't care so much when you're employed and have that safety net but so gutting on so many levels to get so far, like the place, do a good interview, be a good fit etc....And then they change their mind! Best of luck with it and hope it goes your way

Reply #17
best of luck
scs

Reply #18
Happy to give an update to this situation...

After what seems like an age and somewhere in the region of 20+ interviews I've finally bagged a job offer.

So after 10 and a half years in my current role on Monday just gone I finally handed in my notice. I don't leave till December 17th and don't start the new role till Jan 4th.

Reply #19
Congratulations.
Goes to show that the only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Reply #20
Congrats mate!
Nice break you have over christmas too.

Does this mean you have enough time tom completely finish the golf now?
Mk2 Driver
Mk2 Silver 8v
Corrado G60 Turbo
Mk2 Red 8v
Mk2 Grey 16v
Mk2 BBM ABF
Bora 20vt
Mk2 Green VR6
Mk2 Green ABF
Mk2 BBM 20vt
3.2 TT Roadster
Mk2 Red 16v
225 TT Coup
3.2 TT Coup
Mk4 Anniversary
Mk7 Red GTI Performance
Mk2 Red GTI Restoration

Mk2 BBM R32
911 Carrera 4S

Reply #21
Might even be done before then. Still don't really 'need' it and just spent an epic amount of money on the mk5 otherwise I might had been pushing for the MK2 to be MOTed this month. Need to space it out a bit now so maybe next month.

Reply #22
Congrats on the new job. I was at my previous place for 12 years and it was a bit daunting starting again else where (2 years ago now). However when I got there I realised it was just the same as my last place on relationship building but a bit more intense in the beginning. It was also nice not having to still do all things you would have been invovled in over the last decade and being able to focus on the actual job you applied for.

Reply #23
Just seeing this... yes, congratulations and well deserved for sticking at it.

Reply #24
Excellent news - well done!

Hope you enjoy the new role and post!

Of course if it's more money then it must mean more money to spend on the Golfs...