Skip to main content
Topic: 8v gti high idle when warm (Read 557 times) previous topic - next topic

8v gti high idle when warm

My 8v gti pb idles high when it warms up, normally about 1100rpm but seems to idle higher if I drive it harder. My isv does vibrate with the ignition on and my vacuum lines have been changed. Any1 ever had this or know the problem? Thanks

Re: 8v gti high idle when warm

Reply #1
I don't have the answer to your question.  The only fault I have ever had with my PB was it not idling.   I would double check for leaks, I would throttle the ICV and see if I can control the idle manually.  After that I would be looking for dodgy sensors.
Not before though I had read and watched this so I know what I'm dealing with, https://www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk/clubforum/index.php?topic=49.0  Best of luck and keep us informed on progress please.

Reply #2
I had some issues with my 8v idling high once warm, no idea how true this is as not exactly my area but was pointed towards the combination of injectors and modern fuel. now I make sure she gets some premium unleaded every few tanks (obviously some people will only use premium) and the problem has gone away - who knows if those things are really linked but worth mentioning.

Reply #3
GTIs leave the factory set up to run on premium fuel and the sticker inside the fuel flap should state 98 RON minimum. Running super unleaded shouldn't be a choice it's required and now with 95 RON being E10 I certainly wouldn't use anything other than super unless I was really stuck (which I haven't had to do, but I'm aware some stations don't stock Super, or they could be run out) and in that case, I'd only stick in a tenner to get me to the next filling station.

Reply #5
i have the same problem,
but with a 90hp gl instead of a gti.